Does the process of Netgear new extender setup annoy or irritate you the most? So, if you have a positive reaction to this question then at that point, this tutorial is meant just for you.
This post consists of sufficient direction for setting and installing new Netgear wireless repeater (extender). In addition, this valuable tutorial also consists of the necessary tips and troubleshooting guidance for different setup and configuration blunders that you might confront. So, we insist you to stick to this post and get important details to fix brain-teaser Netgear extender setup issues.
What’s in this post?
- Adequate steps for Netgear extender setup.
- Failed or unable to access the configuration page.
- Handy and easy tactics to troubleshoot with “Cannot or unable to open mywifiext.net smart wizard”.
Standard Process for Netgear Signal Booster (extender) Setup
Prior you start with the setup process of your smart wireless range extender, ensure that your Netgear device is placed within the reach of existing or main WiFi router. This process is to maintain a stable connection between your main router and the Netgear extender. Further, execute these rose petal setup steps:
- First of all, unbox your range extender and insert its plug into an electrical wall socket.
- Now, grab a computer or laptop – turn it on and on the base right corner – tap on the WiFi icon named Netgear_ext.
- Once done, open a web browser of your choice and into the address bar type mywifiext to setup Netgear WiFi extender.
- Hit enter and you will be redirected to Netgear Genie home-page.
- Here, on the displayed page – you will be prompt to select “how you need to use this new extender” – simply select “I wish to utilize this extender as WiFi Range Extender” and move on.
- After that, select a network whose range you wish to extend.
Note: You have to select on the home network that belongs to you, not on any guest network or public WiFi.
- Moreover, you have to choose a unique name and a secure and strong password (security key) for your range expander’s (extender) network. Here, you will be shown all the related information with your WiFi booster.
For further information and brief instructions see the manuals on how to setup a Netgear WiFi extender.
- Finally, save all the settings made by you and restart the router first and after a couple of minutes restart your extender as well.
Congrats! Your Netgear device is ready to use. Regardless if you stand up to an issue, then you may seek for an expert advice at 1-888-674-6890 (toll-free). We are the Solution partner of Netgear.
Tips To Troubleshoot Different Setup and Configuration Errors
Well, the most annoying and brain-teaser message that you often encounter is “cannot open mywifiext.net” or “unable to connect”. The only reason behind this is mywifiext or mywifiext.com is not a regular website, it is just a local web address use for setting up a brand new range extender.
What’s more, the PC that you’re utilizing for the set up must be either associated with the Ethernet or to the remote Internet with a steady or dependable Internet speed. In-predictable or no availability of internet results in blunders like:
To troubleshoot this problem, have a look onto some light and smooth steps given below
- Use latest and updated version of router as well as the web browser.
- Keep the antennas of the range extender straight.
- Do not hide your router.
- Keep your extender and the router clean. Do not cover them and don’t mess their wires with each other.
- Always make use of dust and cuts free Ethernet cables.
- Clear all the junk files, browsing history along with cache and cookies from PC or laptop.
- Opt for another browser.
- Consider placing router and the range extender away from interference-creating obstructions like microwave, refrigerator, treadmill, baby monitors, automatic garage opener, door, walls, mirrors, Bluetooth devices, metal appliances, and electronic gadgets.
Call our certified tech support team for more installation tips on how to setup Netgear extender
And for any queries and questions a comment section is always available below for you.